is there a purpose in life?




Large groups have been trying to get to know their selves, they have been searching for some kind of answer to a question that is way too large for an “answer”. The definition of an answer states that it is the reaction to a question. I would like to know my answer before this question is finished, because reacting would mean we would wait on our lives to finish before knowing what we are supposed to do. We need to understand what we can do with our lives without knowing for sure how it will go.

What we need
If I would want to know something I would first think of what I can change. Let us listen to Michael Jackson for a moment and say that we would look at the handsome man in the mirror first. This is the only person that we can directly change. This would mean that we NEED to be able to trust the mirror man. Our future self needs to listen to the self of the now, for otherwise we could never plan our lives out. And we would never be able to make long term decisions. But guess what, our future self does not exist, the only thing you can actually directly change is the person in the mirror at this exact moment. Which is now over.

Let us say our future self does exactly what we say he needs to do. Now we still do not know our paths. We need to be able to make a choice about where our paths go, we need to take our pencil, grab a map and point out where we want to go. We need to set an intention and actually take steps towards it. Now we have made a path for ourselves. But we still do not know whether this is the right path or not, this is my daily struggle.

The concept of time
Through my short life I have changed my goals over a thousand times (at least ten times more than my age). Logic would state that the paths I have chosen were wrong, yet they have not led me back to the beginning. That never happens. This is because of the concept of time, it forces us forwards through time (for as far as I know). Time never lets me be at the exact same place. There is always some change. If any path is right, the paths that led you to that path have been right as well. In some way I have never strayed from it, even when I did nothing, even when I slept. I do not know what the truth about life is (yet), I am also one of life`s students. But I like the idea that our paths are right, no matter what happens. It gives me energy to go chase my current goals, whether they are right or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment