How to love yourself



When I look in the mirror, I want to say: hey thanks for being so handsome! Not why are you not prettier. I always want to be kind towards myself, because then it is easier for me to react in a nice way to myself. This makes life a lot less complicated. But being kind is not the level I strife for, I want to love myself. I want to look in the mirror and melt because of the look in his eyes. It is okay to love yourself, don`t worry about Justin Bieber.

How to love yourself
What are you thinking? This question is harder to answer than you think. There are thousands of thoughts racing through your mind each day. But let us make our brain a bit more of a resting place for a moment. Sit down, relax, take 3 deep breaths, and let your thoughts flow. Do not hold them back, they can be what they are for they are. Now listen to one thought at a time. When you have one thought, think about it (yes you can) is this thought negative or positive?

Reprogramming your mind
Now you have captured a thought, do not let it free yet. This thought is probably as old as you are believe it or not. It has rampaged through your head and told you the content of the very thought over and over. Now we have this thought lets change it into something positive. For example:

Example
I need to do more work today, yesterday I have done too much chilling.
This is a very negative thought, it says we need to do something, I won’t let this thought tell me what to do I decide that.
I want to do more work today, yesterday I have done too much chilling.
This is still too negative, yesterday should not even matter and chilling is good. I want to chill and do work at the same time.
I want to chill while working more today.
Let me tweak this, I want it to tell me I can do what I want and I want to do it a lot.
I want to work on my goals and have fun doing it, probably have a drink as well.

Now I let the thought free, go do your work thought see you later.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment