being ourselves


We can now safely state that walking your path is not about the path itself but about the person that walks that path. Now that we know this we still know nothing (and we never will). But in our realm of limited understanding, we can still try to grasp at what is to be understood within it. We do not know anything for if you would ask me what is real or what is not I could not answer. I only know the things I have created and those are the only things I know enough so that I could explain them to another without lying to them. The things that I have created all lie within myself, never have I created anything else out of nothing. The only thing I have ever changed is myself and even that is not a fact, for I do not know whether I was this person I am now all along. Let me get to the explaining quickly!

What we know about the world where our path lies
Let us look at what we know of our world. Do we know whether water is water? No because we only call it that, a see through liquid substance would be more certain. Do you know whether your friend Paul is your friend Paul? No because it might just be someone that looks exactly like him. Do we know what path to follow? Certainly not. Now do you know that you are you? Well, yes because you are who you are (we might be possessed by another person but then again at this moment I am who I am none the less). And do we know what we want to be like? Yes because when we know who we are, we know what this person would do as well.

Just follow the signs
The only thing we know in life is who we are ourselves. We might also know the things we want (to be(come)). We know water will not float in the air because of our previous experiences. We know Paul will keep our secret because of previous experiences as well. And even our path might be hard to walk because it had been before. But those things might change. We can change as well, but at this moment we can make the choice to be who we want to be at this moment. The person we need to get to know is our self, for we are stuck together and we decide each other’s footprint in this world.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment